Sunday, August 10, 2014

The Exile, Two Spoilers

Last weekend I sat around writing and posting to my blog. I wrote a couple Exile spoilers per reader request.

I
Guinevere studied the clip. A sun carved from bronze, it's rays lucisous black curves. When she’d worn it the gleaming black had seemed to emanate from her hair as if it were not simply an adornment, but somehow a part of her. This one from Matilde was not identical to the one Arthur had given her, yet it was similar enough to stir anger, confusion, that same sense of bereftness that she had felt the morning she left Camelot, and other feelings that Gwen did not want to examine. 
She remembered Synove’s shocked face. Seeing the barrette in the other woman’s hair had been like seeing Synove on Arthur’s arm. She let her fingertips slide over the metal, savoring the gentle warmth that seemed to be a part of it.
Gwen took a deep breath and turned to Ylsa who sat on her bed reading. 
"I think its time I speak with Matilde."
               ______________________________________________________________

II

Merlin studied the sign above the door, a sleeping angel. This must be the place. He lifted the heavy knocker and let it drop. It wasn’t long before he heard a muffled shout and then the little door window opened. A pair wide dark eyes in a dark face peaked out at him. 

"Who is it?"

"My name is Merlin. The Mistress of the house, Ms. Alfonsa is expecting me. Are you she?"

The window closed and a moment later he heard locks turning. 

"I’m Ylsa."

The door opened and he could see that the speaker was a petite woman with a crown of cloudy dark hair.

No comments:

Post a Comment